Thursday 11 August 2011

Marshmallow Fondant

I keep seeing videos on Youtube of how to make your own marshmallow fondant so I ran out and bought some marshmallows to try it out.  There are LOADS of instructional videos but the one I have included below was my favourite, purely because I loved her outfit.


The fondant is very easy to colour, if a little bit messy (my hands were blue, green, yellow and brown for a couple of days afterwards).  I forgot to buy the vegetable shortening to coat my hands in.  If you try this out make sure you get some!  I had marshmallow goo EVERYWHERE!  At one stage I even had a box of icing sugar stuck in my hand, it was kinda funny. 

Well, here is how my first attempt at marshmallow fondant turned out:

It took a bit of getting used to, I had a couple of tears and folds in it but practise makes perfect!

No comments:

Post a Comment